Alison & Chris
From the moment we began working with them, up until our wedding night, Drexelbrook did everything right and brought our wedding vision to fruition.
Chris and I met at a bar in the Roxborough area of Philadelphia during an Eagles game (which they sadly lost to the Packers). We bonded over our love of baseball and Mexican food. Our first date consisted of tacos, mojitos, and singing Boys II Men to one another.
Chris knew he loved me when I agreed to spend our first Valentine’s Day watching the “NBA All-Star Weekend” festivities at home. I knew I loved Chris when I actually started to enjoy the NBA.
Our love grew stronger sharing bottles of red wine and singing Bruno Mars karaoke. During our first year together, we planned road trips and weekend getaways quite frequently. We hated to be away from one another (still do!)
Chris started to arrange the proposal not even a year into dating, and on a cold winter night, to the tune of our song, “What a Wonderful World” playing in the background, he popped the question. I never, ever thought he’d be able to surprise me, but somehow, he did! And now, our love seems better and more sincere every day. Chris still brings me flowers and I continue to write him love letters. I’m not sure how we found each other, but I’m sure glad we did. I really think we genuinely try never to take this blessing for granted.
Chris and I were married at Drexelbrook on June 17, 2017. In spite of terrible heat, rain, and broken AC in our limo, the day could not have gone any better.
Chris and I feel so lucky to have hosted our wedding at Drexelbrook. Everything was PERFECT. From the moment we began working with them, up until our wedding night, Drexelbrook did everything right and brought our wedding vision to fruition.
My Maid of Honor gave me a bottle of wine after my engagement and told me to drink it when I was stressed about wedding planning. That bottle still sits, unopened, on my counter. I never once felt overwhelmed, and that’s all because Chris and I chose Drexelbrook. So thank you 🙂
Featured Menu Items
- Interactive Hors d’Oeuvre Stations including “From The Sea” (Hand-Formed, Seasoned Mini Lump Crab Cakes paired with Spicy Avocado & Asian Slaw) and an Antipasti Station
- Butlered Hors d’Oeuvres including Vegetable Sushi with Pickled Ginger & Wasabi Cream, a Seasonal Soup “Shooter”, Moo Shu Wraps filled with BBQ Duck & Ginger Scallions, Tuna Tartare in a Savory Petit Cone, and Pulled Pork Tacos with Jack Cheese & Roasted Yellow Pepper Cream
- A First Course of Baby Field Greens with Candied Walnuts & Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Main Courses including Boneless Breast of Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella & Fresh Herbs topped with Tomato Basil Concasse, Sliced Tenderloin of Beef with Mushroom and Shallot Sauce, and Grilled Vegetable Napolean served over a Fresh Marinara Sauce
- Desserts including our Signature Sundae Bar laden with Hand-Spun Vanulla & Chocolate Ice Creams, Water Ice, and toppings such as Hot Fudge, Strawberry Sauce, Candies, Cherries, Whipped Cream, Sprinkles, and more